Wednesday, January 21, 2009

No Title Necessary















I think these two photos and words state it best. Yesterday the nation watched as history was made. I cried - as usual - as I watched the world come together. People from different races, ethnicities, religious backgrounds, political tendencies, sexual preferences and cultural divides came together and celebrated HOPE, PROGRESS and CHANGE. 

To be honest, for the last years, while I am always proud of my country and my home, I am not always proud of how it acts. It is like our parents used to tell us, "I love YOU, but I don't love how you ACTED." I have traveled to other countries where people simply ask, why? how could you let this happen? And where I began to feel a huge sense of guilt and need to apologize. 

But today, I felt nothing but pride. I am so proud of how our country has finally ACTED. 

I told my husband, when I hear Obama speak, I want to act, I want to make a change and I have such hope for the future and what we can do as a unified force. And not just an American unified force, but a world unified force. God bless America, and God bless Obama in his next four years in office. 

1 comment:

rak said...

And it is people like YOU who will bless us with actions toward change :)