Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Best Job in the World

I thought I already had it but...
While I do think that my day to day job is pretty great, there is a group in Australia claiming they have the "Best Job in the World." And, I am starting to believe them. They are offering one lucky person, the job of:

1. Going to this island for 6 months











2. Live in this house












3. "Feeding the fish" A creative title for snorkeling, diving, swimming in the Great Barrier Reef that surrounds your island.





4. Collecting the mail

5. Cleaning the plunge pool, and by that they mean, every once in awhile, when a stray leaf happens to fall in your pool, gently dive in and rescue it.





6. Take photographs of the view you see everyday











7. Blog about your experiences

8. Graciously go with your hosts when they take you from island to island to do such things as a nature hike, canoe trip, bushwalking or maybe even the gruesome task of trying out a new spa.












Now, don't think you won't be compensated for all of your hard work...they will kindly pay you a six month salary of $105,000. And this is all in the name on increasing tourism. Where do I send my resume?
Does anyone want to see if their job can compete?

2 comments:

rak said...

Where do I sign up??? I would argue that "new mom" is right up there with best job in the world...but the perks are WAY different. It's like comparing apples and oranges :) I would love to be a new mom AND do that getaway simultaneously.

Kate said...

Yeah, I am going to agree with you on this one :) But, you can bring him...and Ben! The dogs too if you want :)